GirlDriver, USA

GirlDriver, USA
Look! It's GirlDriver, USA.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Acura TL SE--Such a Sophisticate!

Doesn't this 2013 Acura TL SE have a sleek shape? 
One of my followers was asking me the other day where the hell I've been.  It's a long story involving a renovated bathroom.  You don't want to know.  But everything's back on track and I'm back at the computer.

I went to the International Motor Sports Association's Test Days last week at the Monticello Raceway in Monticello, N.Y.  It was a crystal fall day and as I walked around looking at all the cars that the manufacturers bring to test days for us to drive, I was feeling out of touch with the Japanese luxury brands--Infiniti, Acura and Lexus.  So, along with some of those cars, I drove the Chevrolet Silverado and the Ford F150.  We don't often get to drive these models back to back.  It's enlightening.  I loved both of these trucks but each is its own thing--they feel very different when you drive them.  I have more insight into the truck loyalties that are so strong.

Anyway, it was a great day for us auto journalists.  And I got to drive away in a 2013 Acura TL SE (special edition).  Loved this 4-door sedan with a power moon roof.  It has the coolest 18"x 8.0" chrome look alloy wheels and all season tires.  They looked hot and really set off the paint job in what Acura calls crystal black--a sparkly granite gray--very contemporary.

The  280 horsepower, 3.5 liter V-6 engine paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission was not only responsive, it was quiet, elegant and smooth.  There was just enough growl from the sport-tuned exhaust system to disallow senior discounts.

Fuel economy is 20/city-29/hwy/23 combined, nothing to write home about, but I did fine with mileage.  I wasn't on big highways but I moved along on back roads.

Nice deep cabin is roomy, roomy, roomy.  Loved it.
The way Acura has designed the driver and passenger space with the curved instrument panel makes the front very roomy.  There's also plenty of room in the front and so much room in the trunk my weekly haul practically rattled around.  I tote a lot of stuff back and forth on weekends.

I didn't have navigation in the car and I pretty much stuck with my regular radio--the broadway channel on XM and NPR.  The sound out of the radio was great.  And I went back to my paper instructions, which worked perfectly.  Back roads and all.

Price for this lovely car in 2013 is $38,300.  The 2014s are probably in dealerships now.  Check this one out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment